Reported Road Casualties in Great Britain: Main Results 2014 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/...
Reported Road Casualties in Great Britain: Main Results 2014
- Pedestrians accounted for three quarters of the increase in fatalities between 2013 and 2014. Pedestrian fatalities increased by 12 per cent from 398 in 2013 to 446 in 2014.
- The number of people seriously injured in reported road traffic accidents increased by 5 per cent to 22,807 in 2014, compared with 2013.
- There was a total of 194,477 casualties of all severities in reported road traffic accidents during 2014, the first increase in overall casualties since 1997.
- A total of 146,322 personal-injury road traffic accidents were reported to the police in 2014. Of these accidents, 1,658 resulted in at least one fatality.
- Vehicle traffic levels increased by 2.4 per cent between 2013 and 2014.